Tourism Economics and Regional Development
- To analyze the complexity of the economic dimension of tourism and its connection to regional development
- To evaluate the economic impact of tourism
- To plan and manage tourism projects
- To use advanced research methods and techniques
- To contribute to the setting and implementation of policies in the domains of tourism and regional development
Our Masters is integrated in a Double Degree Program with the Master's in Economics of Tourism: Monitoring and Evaluation, offered by the University of the Balearic Islands (Spain).
Students that conclude our Masters can also obtain the Degree of the Master's in Economics of Tourism: Monitoring and Evaluation, by spending a semester at the University of the Balearic Islands and approving in 30 ECTS.
For more details please visit: http://metme.uib.eu/Double-Degree/
Tuition and Fees 2023/2024
National Students: 2200 Euros (1st year - 1100 Euros; 2nd year - 1100 Euros)
International Students*: 4250 Euros (1st year - 2500 Euros; 2nd year - 1750 Euros)
Application Fee: 50 Euros
Registration Fee and School Insurance: 175 Euros
Note: The tuition of this course can be paid in 10 installments, being the first at the time of registration and the remaining in the months of October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May and June.
* in accordance with Decree-Law No. 36/2014, changed by Decree-Law No.62/2018, of 6th August, international students are nationals of a country which is not a Member State of the European Union and are not a legally resident in Portugal for more than 2 uninterrupted years by 1st of January of the enrolment year
This Masters aims to prepare professionals to deal with the economic aspects of the tourism and regional development sectors. The qualifications provided open up a wide range of opportunities in public and private organizations.
Faculty of Economics
Campus de Gambelas, 8005-139 Faro
Phone: + 351 289 800 986 | + 351 289 800 915