Why study with us?
The University of Algarve’s prime location in proximity to Faro Airport, the quality of its teaching and research and its excellent infrastructures, together with the synergies it establishes with the region, give this university on the periphery a central and international status.
Here, the concept of proximity is widely experienced, without any barriers between all members of the academic community, providing an educational environment in which students and teaching staff work in close collaboration with the aim of adapting the each student’s experience to the learning standards.
It should also be noted that the academy stands out in various international rankings, namely in the areas of Health Sciences and Technologies; Economics, Management and Tourism; Social and Education Sciences and Exact and Natural Sciences.
In the same way that the University of Algarve is unique, each organic unit is also distinguished and differentiated by its uniqueness, by the unmistakable characteristics and potential that make each School, Faculty or Institute an open space of excellence, sharing and welcoming.
Why choose the Faculty of Economics (FE)?
- For the range of courses it offers (three Bachelor’s Degrees, 10 Master's Degrees and four Doctorates); over 50% of our students are Post-Graduate students.
- For its level of internationalisation (three Masters and three PhDs are taught in English), which is fitting for the country’s most internationalised region.
- For the levels of research in its fields of knowledge, which are increasingly recognised in international rankings, and well supported by a strong connection to research centres: CinTurs, CEFAGE_UAlg, CICS.NOVA and CES-UC.
- For the high-quality and highly functional facilities, on a university campus which is very close to the Ria Formosa Ecological Reserve, three kilometers from the airport and five kilometers from Praia de Faro.
- For the recognised professional success of its alumni, which greatly facilitates the connection to companies and regional and national organizations, and the chance to do an internship in the second year of Master's Degrees.
- For its organisational culture, which is at the disposal of an educational project centred on students, guided by demanding and rigorous criteria, in a very close-knit environment.