Social Action Scholarships
To qualify for this support, the student must meet the eligibility conditions defined by Law and apply during the period defined for that purpose (from 25 June to 30 September).
At the University of Algarve, students are eligible to apply for Scholarships from the Directorate-General for Higher Education.
Documents required to complete the online scholarship application form:
- Identity Card/Citizen's Card*
- Taxpayer Number (TN) *
- Social Security Number (SSN) *
- Income Tax (if you submitted a tax return) *
- International Bank Account Number (IBAN)
- Property List or Municipal Property Tax (IMI) or Property’s Tax Register *
* For all members of the household
Scholarship application for the 1st time
Applications for the Social Action Services Scholarship at the University of Algarve are made through the IT platform of the Directorate-General for Higher Education.
Those applying for a scholarship for the first time can pre-register:
- When applying for access to higher education. In this case, when asked if you want to apply for a scholarship, you must answer YES and indicate your mobile phone number through which you will be sent access credentials (User Code and Password) to proceed with the online application.
- If you do not pre-register at this stage, you can go to the Social Action Services (with Citizen Card and Student NISS) and request access credentials to the online platform.
- Access the website www.dges.gov.pt/
- Students Area> Scholarships www.dges.gov.pt/wwwBeOn/
- Insert the user code, password and “enter”
- Select the school year (read the user manual)
- Fill in all fields related to personal data; household data; income data and Heritage data
- Scan and upload the requested documents by sending them via the “documents to be delivered” area
- “Submit” the application for the academic year - Only after submitting the application is a student registered as a candidate.
Re-apply for scholarship
- Access website www.dges.gov.pt
- Area: Students> Scholarships www.dges.gov.pt/wwwBeOn/
- Insert the user code, password and “Login”
- Select academic year application> Start new application
- Fill in all fields related to personal data; household data; income data and wealth data
- Scan and upload the requested documents by sending them via the “Documents to Deliver” area
- “Submit” the application for the current academic year - Only after submitting the Application is a student registered as a candidate
The Scholarship is an annual financial benefit, of variable value and do not have to be repaid. They are intended to help with the costs of attending a higher education course or a mandatory professional internship.
It is awarded by academic year and in accordance with the Regulation for Awarding Scholarships to Higher Education Students - Order No. 5404/2017, of 21 June.
Consult all legislation on the website of the Directorate-General for Higher Education at https://www.dges.gov.pt/pt/pagina/informacoes